Experienced, committed and family focused.
Andrea joined Pates Law Group, P.A. in December 2012. She moved to Orlando to attend Barry University School of Law, where she received the Family and Child Concentration in conjunction with her Juris Doctor. Due to her particular interest in building strong families, Andrea has also been Certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Family Law Mediator and is also a Parenting Coordinator and a trained Collaborative Law attorney. Andrea works diligently to utilize her skills and training to help families work through conflict. She is available to both parties in dispute as an independent third party who can help develop resolution. Additionally, Andrea volunteers as a Guardian ad Litem in Orange and Seminole Counties. Andrea recognizes that ensuring the best interest of the minor child often requires reducing conflict and learning how to function effectively as a family during and after the legal process.
Family Law Certifications
Family Law Mediator
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Orange County Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- Young Lawyer’s Section, 2008 – Present
- Family Law Section, 2008 – Present
- Christian Legal Society, 2008 – Present
- Central Florida Association for Women’s Lawyers, 2008 – Present
- Family Law Inns of Court, 2009 – Present
- Central Florida Collaborative Law Group, 2009 – Present
- Board of Directors; Foundation For Foster Children, 2010 – Present
- Advisory Committee; One Church One Child, 2010 – Present
- Family Services of Metro Orlando, Educational Subcommittee, 2010-2011
- Member of the Central Florida Educational Initiative Program, 2010 – 2011
- Advisory Council for the Open Hearts Program, 2011 – Present
- Advisor at the Gamma Chi Chapter of the Alpha Chi Omega Sorority, 2007-2010.
- Winter Park Chamber of Commerce member, 2012-present